Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Shoot down the stars .

I still think it's funny how things always play out how you expect it in the back of your head. I'm pretty sure your brain is your best friend, because it's always trying to soften the blow or protect you from the inevitable.

I've been getting into Buddhism lately, because I feel that it just makes a lot of sense. The world is bad due to cravings. Cravings lead to suffering, and this could be corrected by following the eight fold path. Maybe one day I might actually consider converting completely, but until then, I like to follow their ideologies. Buddhist like to preach about giving up hate, in order to achieve Bodhi. They give alternative ways to deal with issues that come up. Like meditation, or just talking through it.

Usually, I like to hold things in, or vent to Michael or something -- but it doesn't work all of the time. Even when I vent to Michael, I still keep it in, and I still hold onto it. Instead, I'm just going to try and let it all go. Ideal right? Likely? Ehh, I'm not entirely sure yet. I just don't have any extra energy for silly, trivial things.

  1. Get emotions in check. No reckless texting.
  2. Let go of things.
  3. Train my mind AND body.
  4. No random attachments?
My goals for the summer. I guess in two months time you'll know how it fares?

We bring ourselves down
And build ourselves up in disappointment
How fragile we are
So fragile we are, we just don't show it
We'll shake up this town
And shoot down the stars for our enjoyment
So sexy we are
So sexy we are, we just don't know it
-- Gym Class Heroes.

1 comment:

  1. buddhism is a very powerful and peaceful religion, it's actually a branch off of hinduism (my religion) you defff get props for this one (:

    ReplyDelete