Thursday, May 6, 2010

Smile.

Don't you hate it when people try your life? It seems like today, more than any day, I had people try deliberately to make me look like a fool.

Exhibit A) In biology, we just got done with reading, and I was jotting down a few thoughts into a journal. My biology teacher came up to me and said "I bet Qaree doesn't know what Darwin's thoughts were." and I felt insulted haaa. Of course, I had to show out, and start talking about natural selection.

Exhibit B) My dad. 'Nuff said really. We got into a argument over me helping him find a cellphone on sprint's website, because apparently it's this huge compliment that has been bestowed on me. Whatever.

When you make a personal vowel not to hate anyone, and to just let it go, it just irritates me that I get into the most asinine conversations that only test my will power.

Other than that -- I'm taking a new approach to life. Instead of being passive, and waiting for things to happen, or complaining when it doesn't go my way, I'm going to start asking, and getting aggressive. I figure, honestly, what's the worse that can happen? A rejection? Been there and done it. Some awkwardness? That's not exactly horrible. So, I have nothing to lose, and that's exactly the type of position I want to be in.

When there are clouds in the sky- You'll get by,
If you
Smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through- For you.
Light up your face with gladness,
Hide ev'ry trace of sadness,
Altho' a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile- What's the use of crying,
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile.
-- Charlie Chaplin

No comments:

Post a Comment