Monday, May 24, 2010

So I just had this major epiphany! I'm laying down, texting my best friend, when the word fear comes up.

1.
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
2.
a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
3.
concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.
4.
reverential awe, esp. toward god.
5.
that which causes a feeling of being afraid; that of which a person is afraid: Cancer is a common fear.


Lately, I've felt like I've had something to say, something internally that I needed to make sense of, but I just couldn't figure it out. Once he mentioned fear, I felt like the floodgates have been opened, and everything started to make sense.

Fear is the emotion that holds us back the most. It's the basis of every emotion, but most specifically sadness, anger, regret, and apathy.

I've been trying to maintain my Buddhist lifestyle, by first applying the teachings to my everyday life. So far, I've been getting better with keeping my emotions from flaring to the point where everyone knows. Of course, now I'm asking why am I drawn to the Buddhist lifestyle. Previously, people could easily figure out that I'm upset, and I'd feel like a open book, but with being able to calm myself down with some breathing techniques, I can keep on my facade and move on with my life. It's the fear of letting people know that I'm not happy, and a lack of trust with people. People are quick to want to know WHY someone is upset, but they're quite slow with the solution. I rather skip the whole "having faith in people, but then watch them as they let me down."

Ahahaha, which that above is a great example of fear. I think I'm going to end up doing a series on fear, and my attempts at conquering it.

Next Blog Post: The Distortion of Fear .

Out of here
We're out of here
Out of heartache
Along with fear
There goes the fear again
There goes the fear
-- The Doves


No comments:

Post a Comment