Friday, October 30, 2009

Flashingggggg Lights.

This weekend is going quiet amazinggg.

Until friday night.

As I was laying in my mom's hotel bed, around 11 at night, I get a phone call from a friend.

Friend: Qaree
Me: Whatsup?
Friend: I cut myself and it won't stop bleeding.

At first I started to laugh. I mean, that's a hell of a opener, jaa? But, the seriousness in their voice made me think twice, and I started to tell them to clean it out, stuff like that.

But what I kept thinking throughout the phone call was what drives people to do things?
What could possible drive a person to hurt themselves to the point where they could have lost feeling in their arm, or even worse.

I followed up with a phone call today, y'know just to check up. And they couldn't talk 'cause they had someone over thier house, the person that drove them to hurt themselves.

At that point, I am flabbergasted, and just in total disgust with the situation. Do we naturally inherit a gene that makes us gluttonous for pain? Is it in our coding to throw out the excuse of love, and suddenly it is justifed?

I don't know if I'm doing a general rant on love, or just on ignorance, but both of them currently are upsetting me. Why do we strive for something that even when it's going right, it's still not 100% satisfying, and when it goes wrong, you have to lash out on yourself, or anything close by just to feel better?

As I recall, I know you love to show off.
But I'd never thought that you would take it this far.
What do I knowwww.
Flashing. Lights Lights.
What do I knowwww.
Flahing. Lights. Lights. Lights. Lights.
-- kanYe West


No comments:

Post a Comment